UltraPlex Multiplex Technology
UltraPlex mxIF (multiplex immunofluorescence) and UltraPlex mxIHC (multiplex immunochromogenic) comprise a paradigm-shifting technology that addresses the needs of precision medicine for multiplex detection of proteins on
Cell IDx has developed a proprietary, hapten-based technology to address the need for unrestricted, simple, rapid, and simultaneous detection of multiple biomarkers in any immunoassay. The underpinnings of the technology comprise
novel hapten design and their detection with high affinity anti-hapten antibodies. Initially we have directed our UltraPlex technology to the development of multiplex immunochromogenic (mxIHC) and multiplex immunofluorescence
(mxIF) tissue-based assays. Methods for chromogenic and fluorescent detection of multiple markers have long been an unmet need. Our UltraPlex technology presents solutions to both assays overcoming many limitations.
- is 1° antibody species-independent.
- produces signal intensities ≅ to anti-species antibody signals.
- can be incorporated into any immunoassay.
- is compatible with all existing instrumentation.
- can be incorporated in automated assays including tissue autostainers.
- uses standard two-step immunoassay protocols.
- for tissue staining, requires a single antigen retrieval step.
- is compatible with any detection technology, i.e., fluorophors or enzymes, which can be incorporated on the anti-hapten
- has the potential for unlimited multiplexing.